Skip to main content
Saturday, November 30 2013

A nonresident alien is when a person is married to a nonresident of the United States, then they may qualify to claim as Head of Household, if the person treats the spouse as a nonresident alien for income tax purposes. However, there must be an additional person that qualifies as a qualifying individual. The nonresident alien spouse does not qualify as a qualifying individual for Head of Household status.

For more information about Head of Household status, click here!

Topics: Qualifying Individual for Head of Household status

Posted by: Sync Merchants AT 10:41 am   |  Permalink   |  0 Comments  |  Email

Post comment
Email Address

(max 750 characters)
* Required Fields
Note: All comments are subject to approval. Your comment will not appear until it has been approved.

Was this information helpful?
Information Page

Tax 101