Los Angeles health insurance plans, or California care insurance, are specifically customized based on the health care needs of an individual and have mobile coverage, meaning the health care coverage for the individual continues no matter what changes occur in the employment status of the individual.
Types of California Individual Health Insurance Plans
There are different types of California individual health insurance plans. But, before you choose the type of insurance plan, consider first your personal situation: your overall health, monthly budget, specific medical needs, etc.
- HMO (Health Maintenance Organization). An HMO is a health care plan designed to help control costs. HMO is one of the most affordable individual health insurance plans in California. While California HMO health insurance do offer comprehensive coverage, HMO requires that most or all of your health care needs be obtained through an HMO network provider. Most HMO networks in Los Angeles, California have thousands of HMO health care professionals which gives an insured individual easy and convenient access to HMO medical care when needed. This HMO group of doctors and other medical professionals offer an individual care through the HMO for a flat monthly rate with no deductible.
- PPO (Preferred Provider Organization). This is another affordable individual insurance plan offered in California. A PPO plan consists of a network of "preferred" providers in California and you are free to choose from anyone within the network. PPOs provide comprehensive and flexible health care coverage.
- HSA (Health Savings Account). A health savings account (HSA) is basically a tax advantaged medical savings account available to consumers in California who are also enroled in a high deductible health plan (HDHP). This high deductible plan features low monthly premiums and provides for catastrophic coverage in California.
- FFS (Fees For Service). The FFS plan is an example of traditional individual health insurance coverage in California where the policy holder pays for the service at the time it is rendered and is reimbursed with a percentage of the fee.
California Care Insurance Factors
Before finally deciding on the type of individual health care insurance plan offered in Los Angeles, California, you need to be aware of the cost of the each plan. Comparing rates from different health insurance carriers in Los Angeles, California and other states is an easy and smart way to get the information you need when formulating your own personal health insurance policy.
- Premiums. Premiums are the payments you make, usually once a month, to keep your insurance coverage in effect. The insurance company determines the premium cost using the information you provided including: health status, medical history, age, and lifestyle factors such as smoking, alcohol use, etc.
- Deductible. The deductible is the actual amount the policy holder is required to pay before the individual insurance plan benefits will begin to reimburse for medical services. It is very important to consider each personal circumstances and needs when making a decsion on the deductible amount.
- Copayments and Coinsurance. A typical HMO plan might require an individual to pay $15 for a routine examination with your primary care physicial considered the copayment amount. Coninsurance is normally a percentage amout that is paid by an individual and insurance carrier. For example, if a policy provides a coinsurance rate of 80/20, the insurance company would have to pay 80% and the insured have to pay the 20% of the bill.
These are our corporate values, values we work hard to live up to every day and every one's expectation. Like making good on our promises. Since, 1848, our partner have focused on creating future for each and every customer through innovative financial solutions.
We pledge to continue to keep those promises and to deliver our mission on those commitments 10, 20 or 50 years down the road. Our partners long record of financial strength and our reputation for integrity have enabled National Life to deliver on millions or promises. We pledge to deliver on ours to you, too.
Want to become a Licensed Insurance Agent?
Looking for a change in your career? Join our team! Become a licensed insurance agent and become your own boss. You may call or visit us for more information. We're always excited to have a new face in our circle of partners.
703 S. Glendora Avenue Suite 6
West Covina, CA 91790